Saturday, December 15, 2012

Delicious, Fall Apart Roast

    I have to say, I make a really great roast.  I always purchase a Chuck Roast and look for decent marbling.  Then I coat it with salt, pepper, garlic salt and flour.  I place it in a large pot and sear it in hot oil on all sides. Then I add water until it is almost covered.  I throw in a chopped up onion and several crushed cloves of garlic.  After about 7-8 hours on a low simmer, the roast is done and fabulous!  Now......I have found a recipe that has all of the flavor (even more I might add), and is even easier!!!!
Here you go:
1 package Brown gravy
1 package Ranch dressing
1 package Italian dressing

Mix the three packages together with 2 cups of water.  Put your roast (my favorite is Chuck roast, but you could use whatever you have or like) in a crockpot and pour the seasoning mixed in the water over the roast.  The water/seasoning mixture should about cover the roast..you can add more water if needed.  Now cook it on low 8-9 hours or on high 3-4 hours.  YUMMY!!!!!!!!!   The drippings from this makes the most amazing gravy!!!!!

Dad: 9.5
Mom: 9.5
Jake: 9.5
Ryan: 8

No comments:

Post a Comment