Tuesday, September 22, 2015

Fall-Off-The-Bone Slow Cooker Ribs

I found this recipe on Pinterest a few months ago and since I rarely make ribs, and have never done so in a crockpot, I decided to try this recipe. My afternoons are busy so anything I can make ahead is a total bonus for me. It is so great to be able to throw something in the crockpot in the morning and pull it out in time for dinner. This would have been great back when the boys were playing football to have had ready when they came home late in the evening famished!

So the consensus was....DELICIOUS!!!!!!!!!!!!! Texas Roadhouse has nothing on these babies!! It was also one of the easiest meals I have made in awhile. The ribs were fall apart tender!!!! Plus, it made everyone in the family happy as our chocolate lab, Mamie, enjoyed the bones. :)

Directions:

Place a slab (you can cut it in half or thirds if it won't fit in your pan) of Baby Back or St. Louis Style Pork Loin Ribs (I'm sure beef ribs or any other ribs would be just fine too) in a baking dish and put them into a pre-heated 425* oven and bake for 20 minutes (this is the trick to making these ribs great and it gets some of the fat off). After you remove it from the oven, let the ribs sit for about 10 minutes to cool down to about room temperature. Season well with your favorite rub...I just used salt and pepper.

At this point I cut the slab in half to fit into the slow cooker. Just throw them in, add a little of your favorite BBQ sauce (not the whole bottle, just enough that the ribs have some sauce on them), cover and cook on low for 6 hours.....and....wah-lah.. out come beautiful, fall-off-the-bone ribs! Warm up some of the BBQ sauce to serve on the side. YUM!!!! How easy is that? Our favorite BBQ sauce is Sweet Baby Ray's Honey Barbecue Sauce.


This recipe came from Renee's Kitchen Adventures


No comments:

Post a Comment