- So we are back to eating less caloric meals... because that is what we do every January. :) This is another Pinterest meal. I love Pinterest! I find such great recipes there. Anyway, this delicious meal only comes to about 220 calories per serving (serves about 8). One of the great things about this dinner is that your house will smell heavenly! We couldn't wait to dig in. Yes, it was a hit!
- ⅓ cup fat free milk
- ¼ cup egg substitute
- 1½ tablespoon taco seasoning, divided
- ¼ teaspoon ground red pepper
- 1 (14¾ ounce) can cream-style corn
- 1 (8.5 ounce) box corn muffin mix (such as Jiffy)
- 1 (4 ounce) can chopped green chiles, drained
- 1 (10 ounce) can red enchilada sauce
- 2 cups shredded cooked chicken breast (I just used a can of chicken...so much easier!!)
- 2/3 cup shredded Mozzarella cheese
- Preheat oven to 400°.
- Combine the first 7 ingredients (milk through green chiles), using just ½ tablespoon of the taco seasoning, in a large bowl, stirring just until moist. Pour mixture into a round pie plate coated with cooking spray.
- Bake at 400° for 20-30 minutes. While corn is baking, toss the chicken in the remaining 1 tablespoon taco seasoning. When corn is done - it will be just barely set and golden brown - pierce entire surface liberally with a fork (it might stick a little bit to the fork). Pour enchilada sauce over top. Top with chicken; sprinkle with cheese. Bake at 400° for 15 minutes or until cheese melts. Remove from oven; let stand 5 minutes.
Recipe from: pinchofyum.com