Sunday, November 15, 2020

Carolina Honey Ribs

 

Remember the restaurant Tony Romas? They had some delicious ribs called 'Carolina Honeys.' My mom gave me this recipe probably about 20 years ago. I hadn't made the recipe in years! Why? I just forgot about it. I make ribs fairly often but I always make a BBQ sauce with a ketchup base. 

Why had a forgotten about this recipe????? My family and I have missed out for years!!

Seriously....this is an amazing recipe.  Try it!

Carolina Honey Ribs

2-3 lbs Pork Ribs (I like the St. Louis style rib because they are meaty!)

Sauce

1 1/2 C. Maple syrup

2 TBLS. Chili sauce

2 TBLS. Apple cider vinegar

2 TBLS. Onion- finely diced

2 cloves pressed garlic

1 TBLS. Worcestershire 

1 TBLS. Spicy brown mustard

1/2 tsp. Pepper

1/2 tsp. Liquid smoke (I used hickory but mesquite would probably be fine too)

Mix the sauce ingredients together. I used a Slow cooker. I just put the ribs in standing them up with the bone against the pot, cover with the sauce and cook on low for 7-8 hours. Drain the fat off and use the drippings as a gravy for the ribs. The sauce is also delicious on mashed potatoes. So easy!

You could also put them in an oven at 325° for 6 hours. But the Slow cooker is just so easy especially if you put a Slow cooker liner in first. Super easy clean up!


No comments:

Post a Comment