Friday, November 9, 2012

Chicken and Spinach Pasta Bake....

     This is Chicken and Spinach Pasta Bake.  I found it on Pinterest and it was pinned from the website, savingmoneylivinglife.com.   It smelled delicious and we were all excited to try it.  The scale is from 1-10, 1 being horrible and 10 AMAZING!!!!  Here are the ratings for this recipe:
Dad: 7 (when dipped in enchilada sauce)
Mom: 7.5 (when dipped in enchilada sauce)
Jake: 7.5 (when dipped in enchilada sauce)
Ryan: 6
    I would probably make it again but I would add sun dried tomatoes.  I think it would give it just that extra little flavor to make it an 8.  I was able to make it in the morning and refrigerate it until just before dinner when I threw it in the oven.  That is a bonus since many afternoons I don't have time to make a big meal.  This meal really does need some extra flavor though.  We found that it tasted better when we dipped it in enchilada sauce.  So, bottom line. it looks good, smells great, but needs more flavor.  It's pretty plain with what the basic recipe calls for.
     Jake is 17 and Ryan is 14....Ryan is also an extremely picky eater, so anything that rates over a 4 is probably pretty good!  Sometimes Josh will also have a rating.  He is 20 and has moved out, so only sometimes will he participate in our ratings.

























2 comments:

  1. I made the Chicken and Spinich Pasta Bake also - my family of picky eaters was not too impressed. Since it took a while to prepare after work, I don't think I will be making this one again.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This meal had the lowest of all of my ratings so far. What made it "okay" to being good is to dip it in enchilada sauce (we found this out the next day when eating the leftovers for lunch). I think the problem with the recipe is that it doesn't have enough flavor.

    ReplyDelete