Friday, November 9, 2012

Chile Colorado Burritos (in the crockpot)....

Chile Colorado Burritos (smothered beef burritos in the crockpot)....yum!  This recipe I got off of Pinterest and came from Food Pusher It was delicious!!!  Definitely a recipe that I will make again.  I used my own homemade enchilada sauce and not the canned kind which this recipe calls for.  That's just my preference since it's easy to make enchilada sauce and is way better than the canned kind.  Here are the ratings:

Dad: 9
Mom: 8
Jake: 7.5
Josh: 7.0
Ryan: 8.5

So, this recipe rated really well!  Here is my Enchilada Sauce Recipe:
1/4 C. Oil
2 Tbls. Flour
2 Tbls. Chili Powder
1 8 oz. Can Tomato Sauce
1 C. Water
1/4 tsp. each-Cumin, Garlic Powder, Onion Salt and Salt to taste.
    Heat oil on med. high.  Stir in flour and chili powder, reduce heat to med. and cook until lightly brown stirring constantly (this only takes maybe 2 minutes).  Gradually stir in tomato sauce, water and the spices until smooth.  Cook over med. heat for about 5 minutes or until slightly thickened.

No comments:

Post a Comment