Thursday, May 1, 2014

Butternut Squash Soup



If you have every been to the Blue Lemon and tried their Butternut Squash Soup, you know it is to die for!!!! I was craving their soup, so I tried to find a recipe that was close to Blue Lemon's.  This Butternut Souprecipe comes pretty darn close (minus the delicious cinnamon crouton things).   I added 1/4 C. of sugar to sweeten it up and I skipped the onion.  I also used half and half instead of the heavy cream.  I got this recipe off of Allrecipes.com.  Rating: 8.0

Ingredients Edit and Save

Original recipe makes 6 serving
s











Directions

  1. In a large microwave safe dish combine squash, onions and butter. Cover and microwave on high for 4 minutes. Peel squash. Stir in broth and cook on high for another 20 to 25 minutes, or until squash is tender. Puree squash, onions and broth in a food processor or blender. Add cream, salt and pepper, and microwave on high for another 3 to 4 minutes, or until heated through. Flavor with nutmeg, cloves and cinnamon to taste.
Kitchen-Friendly View
  • PREP15 mins
  • COOK35 mins
  • READY IN50 mins

No comments:

Post a Comment