Tuesday, May 28, 2013

Creamy Tomato Basil Pasta



Okay, so I know this is a lame picture...oh well....but don't let the picture fool you.  This Creamy Tomato Basil Pasta is AMAZING!!!!  I took a recipe off of Pinterest and tweaked it to what I had in my pantry.  The result was a delicious pasta recipe....and my family would agree it is way better than anything you would get at Olive Garden.  

Creamy Tomato Basil Pasta

Alfredo Tomato Sauce:

1 stick of Butter
2 tsp. garlic
1 pt. Heavy Cream (or use half and half to save the calories)
1 C. Parmesan Cheese shredded
2 TBLS Cream Cheese
1/2 tsp salt and pepper
1 10 oz. can Diced tomatoes with green chiles
2 Tbls. Fresh chopped basil

Pasta:
16 oz. of bow tie or any kind of your favorite pasta (I used what I had on hand...I don't remember what it was called but it worked great)

 Melt the butter and add garlic...then add the heavy cream, parmesan cheese, cream cheese, salt and pepper.  Keep on a low heat and let cook for a few minutes.  Then add 1/2 can of a 10 oz. can of Diced tomatoes with green chiles (you can add more of the tomatoes, but the more you add the more spicy it will be).  

Ben: 10
Becky: 9.5
Jake: 9.5
Ryan: 9

No comments:

Post a Comment