Thursday, May 30, 2013

Swig Sugar Cookies


I found this recipe for Swig Sugar Cookies on Pinterest.  These cookies looked amazing and the pinner said these were the best sugar cookies ever.  Swig's is a little place down in St. George, Utah.  Anyway, I am always looking for the very best recipes so I gave these a go.
Taste is a very subjective thing...Ryan took a bite and said these were the WORST sugar cookies he had ever tasted in his life.  I took a bite and I thought, "Hmmm...these are a little different."  The icing is a sour cream frosting so it has a kind of "twang" to it.  The first cookie I ate I loved the cookie part (absolutely delicious!), but I wasn't so sure on the frosting.  I tried another cookie later that evening when the cookie had been in the refrigerator (they say the cookie should be cold).  It totally grew on me.  This morning, yes, I ate one more, and I loved it!  So, if you don't love them at first, they do grow on you.  I think that if you have children they may enjoy the cookie better with a regular buttercream or even a cream cheese frosting.  Jake was only "so so" on the icing too...but we adults liked the not overly sweet, tangy flavor.
********UPDATE:  Ryan now LOVES these cookies.  He likes them when they are cold and he now likes the frosting.  This cookie truly does grow on you!!!!
Ben: 8
Becky: 8
Jake: "They're okay"
Ryan:  "Worst sugar cookie I've ever had in my life" ....after 2nd cookie, he says they aren't so bad :)

No comments:

Post a Comment